- Areas Of Practice
- Firm Overview
- MLD Attorneys
Latest Blog Posts
- Is Online Gambling Legal?
- Online Gambling Law Interview
- Why Online Dating Businesses Are Booming
- How To Use Article Marketing To Benefit Your Business
- William Hill Gets Nevada Gaming Commission License
- Make Forex Work For You At Last
- Online Gaming Law To Be Passed By States
- Buying Commercial Real Estate
- The Georgia Court System: General Information
Online Gaming Law To Be Passed By States
It seems that the US senate can’t make up their minds on whether to legalize online gambling or not, so instead it will be legalized on a state-by-state basis within the next year or so, according to a recent US News report.
For some time there has been serious lobbying from groups in favour of legalizing online gaming in the US, which would bring the superpower in line with the rest of the world. However, there are still some traditionalists within congress who are opposed to the idea and will do whatever it takes to block such a move.
However, the individual states are expected to recognize the huge potential for revenue and commercial growth offered by online gaming, and many will approve moves to make it legal. New Jersey hope to be the first.
I’ve written before about the irony in a country that boasts Atlantic City and Las Vegas, but can’t allow people to place a bet on sports from their own home. Soon it looks as though this curious contradiction will be a thing of the past.Published on May 24, 2012 · Filed under: Gaming;